You've got the beat, you've got the heat, and you’re ready to spit. All that's left is to bring that song idea that’s in your head to life. This is when you need to record your song. How long it will take to finish recording your track will depend on your skill level and the complexity of your track, but for most hip hop and Afrobeat artists, 2 hours is more than enough to complete one song. The recording process at BTB audio is fairly straightforward and is completed in 4 easy steps.
1. Assessment: Before we work with any artist, we make sure we're the right fit for you, and that we have everything you need to be happy you picked us. So, we'll ask you a few questions about your needs and the specifics of your project to make sure you have an awesome experience at BTB Audio. Questions asked in the assessment process usually include:
Your level of experience
Your goals with your music
Your creative process
Any specifications you may have
And much more! So get ready for an extensive conversation about your favorite topic- you. The assessment stage is usually done over a phone call, but can also be done over email if that works better for you
2. Booking: you're given a quote based on your recording needs. For recording sessions, we require a full deposit to be paid to reserve your session. If your quote includes mixing and/or mastering, you only need to pay a 50% deposit to reserve your session.
3. Recording: Your session will be set up and the studio will be prepared prior to your arrival to accommodate your needs discussed in the assessment stage. This means that once you arrive, you can get straight to recording in order to save you time.
4. Delivery: After your session is completed, your stems will be delivered to you based on the specifications discussed in the assessment stage. If your project includes mixing and/or mastering, then your recording will be mixed/mastered before it is delivered to you. You can check out our mixing and mastering processes for more info.
1. Make sure you stay hydrated throughout the session. You'll be surprised how quickly your throat will dry up when recording take after take. So make sure you have a water bottle handy when you arrive.
2. Feel free to take some pictures/videos while recording. Our studio is super-rad and will make a good addition to your Instagram profile.
3. Rehearse your lyrics before your session date. This will save you lots of time and help you get your song(s) completed a lot quicker than expected.
4. Don't Sweat it: In the unlikely event that your session is not prepped before you arrive, you will not be charged until your session begins.