MIXING

At this point, you've recorded your track (either with us or elsewhere) and you're looking for a professional engineer that will take your raw vocals and make you sound like the star that you are. This is where much of the work is done in the engineering process and it's where your sound is "Levelled Up".

 

At BTB Audio, we know that you're different, and your music is made from a unique perspective from every other artist out there. This is why we don’t use templates when mixing your music; yes, you read that right- the effects and engineering we will use for your song are custom made from scratch to fit your sound and style. Maybe it’s the reason for our 99.9% client satisfaction rate and why 90% of our artists keep coming back to us, but we can’t say for sure ;).

 

Typically, there are 5 stages to our mixing process:

1. Assessment: Before we work with any artist, we make sure we're the right fit for you, and that we have everything you need to be happy you picked us. So, we'll ask you a few questions about your needs and the specifics of your project to make sure you have an awesome experience at BTB Audio. Questions asked in the assessment process usually include:

  • Your level of experience

  • Your goals with your music

  • Your creative process

  • Any specifications you may have

  • Your budget


And much more! So get ready for an extensive conversation about your favorite topic- you. The assessment stage is usually done over a phone call, but can also be done over email if that works better for you

2. Proposal: After assessment, you'll be given a quote based on your needs and specifications which we agreed to in the assessment stage. Our mixing quote is usually very detailed and contains information such as:

  • The mixing timeline for each song

  • The number of revisions for the project

  • The cost of the project

  • Terms & conditions

And much more. For most mixing projects, we will require a deposit (between 30 and 50 percent of the project cost) to be paid before mixing begins. The balance of the project is then paid after the first draft is delivered. For larger projects (over $1,000), the cost will usually be paid in installments that will be well explained in the quote


3. Draft Delivery: The wait is finally over! You finally get to hear what your BTB engineered vocals sound like. The first draft is sent to you in an mp3 format for easy downloading and listening. There are no surprises as to when you’ll get your first draft; it’s stated in the proposal stage. But let’s cut down your guessing by a lot more- most of our artists will get their first draft 5 days after the price quote is finalized


4. Revisions: We’d like to say that we get your track right on the first try every time, but that would be a lie. While that has happened in the past, there will usually be one or two revisions before your track will be just perfect. Our first drafts are usually at about 90% complete, and the remaining 10% will be reached after your revisions/inputs have been made to them. Most projects come with 5 revisions, but the song is typically finalized after the second revision.


5. Final Delivery: Your track has been mixed to perfection and you're full of smiles that you picked BTB Audio as your mix engineer. If you chose to have us master your track as well, Your track will be mastered before it is delivered to you. If you’re getting it mastered elsewhere, your track(s) will be sent in a -5 - -10db, High-Quality WAV format for easy mastering.

Hot Tips:

  1.  As much as you can, timestamp your revision requests so that we know exactly where in the song you want your change(s) made.

  2. To make sure you don’t miss a thing, listen to your first draft three times, and at least 2 hours apart for each listen.

  3. Make sure you take notes of all changes you want made as you listen to the draft(s). This way, you can be sure that your revision request will be thorough and comprehensive.

  4. You can send a reference track at any time, but it’s always better to send it before the mixing process begins.